How do I start? I sit here with tears flowing down my face wondering, hoping and praying that it is God's will that Dorcas will live so we can bring her home, so she can grow up and have a wonderful life in America as our daughter and as a daughter of the King of Kings.
Donna from Acres of Hope called tonight and Patty likes what she heard about us and wants to proceed with us adopting Dorcas. We've been waiting for what seems like so long for God to show us what he wanted us to do. And now there is a precious little baby girl waiting for us on the other side of the world. Donna said she'd email some pictures tomorrow. You can be sure that you will see her face shortly after we do.
Please pray for these things
1. That our homestudy will be updated very quickly (this shouldn't be a problem, but this is what starts the court process in Liberia)
2. That the INS office here will cooperate and we can get an I600 A approval VERY quickly.
3. That Dorcas will continue to improve and gain weight and that she will live.
4. That the other paperwork will go quickly and smoothly.
5. For strength once she comes home. Currently, she is up every hour in the night and feeding every 2 hours.
6. And for the funds. We were not expecting this so to move so quickly. We thought we'd have time to get the funds together. But we will do what we need to do to bring Dorcas home, on the other hand, we don't like debt so we'd prefer to not have to finance the bulk of the adoption. (I have a couple of ideas brewing that I will get started on soon)
Thank you so much for your prayers to this point. The prayers of the righteous man availeth much.