We serve an amazing and awesome God. Amen? (We had a preacher swap yesterday and the preacher from the downtown church spoke– many amens said from the congregation yesterday — it's still with me)
Here are some things that God has been putting together behind the scenes these last several months.
1. Dorcas's birthday is Dec. 30th. Some of you may remember that we thought we had a 10 day old baby boy to adopted in early January, but the birthfamily changed their mind. Dorcas was born around the same time as this little boy. We had a daughter in Jan. we just didn't know it yet. (If we had adopted him, we would be unable to adopt Dorcas)
2. Last December I got a new cell phone. It is a fancy flip phone and I was forever taking pics of the inside of my purse. I hated that phone! I finally put it away a couple of months ago and pulled out my old faithful Nokia. I was planning on listing the Samsung on ebay to recoup some of my money since I never got the rebate for it. But hadn't gotten around to it yet.
Let me tell you– it is a phone that Shane can take to Liberia with him!! One less expense we have. yippee!
3. Just a couple of weeks ago, Shane went to a “business expo” for work (it's a good place to get leads). There was a “Travel Document” company there. He can go get the yellow fever vac. and probably other things he'll need. One stop shopping, probaby a little more expensive but could be worth it and right down the road from his office too– with gas at nearly $3 a gallon here that's something to consider.
4. One of the men at church asked when we would be buying our plane tickets. Don't know more than that, but it would not be beyond this precious family to pay for Shane and Dorcas's airline tickets.
5. Here is the heartlight verse of the day:
He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion
until the day of Christ Jesus.
— Philippians 1:6
And here is yesterday's :
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21,
I don't know about you, but I think God is trying to tell us that He is going to work it out. Also Diane left a comment on Shane's blog about her dream about us being home with Dorcas a couple of years down the road.
God is so very good!!!!
One more thing– Shane and I had decided that if nothing had happened stateside by the end of June, we were going to pursue international. We had narrowed it down to Ghana and Liberia and were waiting to hear back from the lady at Life Vision International to get more info on Ghana. And then decide.
The first business day of July is the first time I talked to Donna about Dorcas and the 2nd business day of July (the 5th) was when we knew we were going to bring this precious baby home.