Since last Thursday this is what we have gotten accomplished from scratch for Dorcas adoption:
We have the copies of our complete federal income tax returns and W2's for the past 3 years.
We have the 3 notorized copies of the homestudy,
We have reference letters and copies.
We have Shanes birth certificates
We have the letter to the liberian gov't.
We have Shane's notarized employment verification letter and copies
We have all other forms that need to be notarized ready to go to the notary on Friday.
We have pics of our house and family pics ready
We have filed the I 600 A including fingerprints.
Here is what we are lacking :
We have proof of medical insurance on it's way– letters from ins. companys.
we have my birth certificates from Texas on their way, and our marriage certificates from TN on the way. (we have one certified copy each but are waiting on the 2nd copy)
Shane has an appt. friday for Hep B and HIV as well as what he needs to travel.
I need Hep B and HIV testing done — will do on Monday.
I need to get passport photos made for me– will do on Monday.
we made a 2 hour trip one way to file the I600 A and be fingerprinted today
Not to bad for a week's worth of work– even if I do say so myself.
We got the medical report last night but couldn't read it very well. We worked on it for about 2 hours. It was a sight. If we tried to print it, it would get blurry so Shane is sitting at the computer with a magnifier trying to read the report sideways because doesn't even want to rotate it.
Here is what we could make out. As of July 7th. She is feeding well, but spitting a lot of it up. She has pneumonia, but is responding to antibiotics. The Dr. says “possible Infantile Marfan's syndrome” She can move her left arm, so the twist in it from birth doesn't appear as bad as we thought– s”the heart sounds…? and something about her eyes — we couldn't quite make it out. Also diagnosed with failure to thrive. She did smile and make eye contact too with the doctor.
Donna could read what she had, so she's going to fax it to Shane at work. He'll be in another office today, but, he'll call his office and ask them to fax it to him there.
We have decided to call her “Tabitha” when she comes home Tabitha doesn't lend itself to teasing like Dorcas does, but is the same name, and means “Gazelle” Gazelle's are graceful, delicate looking but very strong animals. It fits her.
We think her middle name will be “Faith” because God has been faithful to us and to her through this entire process. But we want to wait to make the final decision until Shane meets the birthfamily and brings her home.
We still don't know how we're paying for this, for now we borrow against our home equity. God knew we'd need that when the bank offered it without our asking for it.
We will be gone all day with ballet rehersal. Then the show tomorrow and Saturday. Yippee!!! Then we will only have Little Bit's speech therapy and getting the rest done for Dorcas. Yippee!!!