I've been trying to catch up on all my bloglines the last couple of days. Lone Star Academy has asked for our top ten favorite books of the Bible. And Steve Walden commented on his top ten all time favorite albums over at Mamma1420's blog– so I thought I'd join in on the fun.
Top 10 Books of the Bible
1. Genesis– in the beginning… so relevant to return to it.
2. Philippians– the first book I read after becoming a Christian.
3. Psalms– so comforting to read through
4. Proverbs– so much wisdom for today
5. Esther– a great example of how God can put us in the right place at the right time.
6. One of the gospels– probably Luke, or John, but can't tell you why
7. Acts — tells the beginning of the church
8. 1 John– I just like it–
9. Jonah– a reminder that God can use those that are even unwilling to be used at times.
10. Revelation– we are studying this as a family now on Sunday mornings. We are learning so much about it. And I'm not afraid to read it anymore 🙂
Top 10 Favorite Albums of all time. I'll dig a little here and go back, even though some of these are long since gone. These days Christian music is almost all we listen to.
1. The Gaithers — just about anything, but I love the accapella song “Low Down Chariot”
2. Gold City — again almost anything
3. Styx– can't remember the album name, but I think the cover was green — it was one of those 70's things
4. Neil Diamond– “Forever in Blue Jeans” has to be one of my fav songs by him.
5. Barry Manilow– yes, Shane calls him “barely manly” but what does he know anyway– he wasn't even born when I was listening to him. Of course, he doesn't appreciate disco either
6. Kenny Rogers– there's just something about that voice
7. Ray Boltz– the song “I pledge allegiance to the lamb” still gives me chills everytime I hear it.
8. Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir– they'll get you movin
9. Smokey Mountain Hymns– any volume love the mountain music
10. Dennis Jernigan– “This is My Destiny”