Some of you may remember a while back, I posted to friends only about a very uncomfortable situation we have been put in regarding a family we are close to that has foster children. The specific situation involves the most recent placement. We have made a decision that we feel is in the best interest of our children, and this family hasn’t accepted our decision. When this family decided to foster, we told them we would not allow our children around any child that had been sexually abused. We have since found out that EVERY child that has been in their care has been sexually abused– we did not know this, or this problem would probably presented itself much sooner. Unfortunately, due to confidentiality issues, I can say nothing more regarding the specifics of the situation. Said family could loose their foster care license. On second thought….no that will have to be in God’s time too.
It seems that this has finally come to a head. Shane agreed to meet with the counselor regarding this placement, Although there is nothing that could change our mind at this point, he felt it best for him to go so nothing could come back on us. This meeting is a 3:00 today. The purpose of this meeting is suposed to be to ease our minds; but we feel that this will probably not be the case. Shane is fully prepared to walk out of said meeting after one warning if he feels he is being backed into a corner or if the session turns into "let’s diagnose Shane’s family".
We have waited, Shane more patiently than I, for this to come to a head in God’s time, not ours. This most certainly would NOT be our time. As it has tainted the coming home of Precious. And with the upcoming holidays we are uncertain what are Thanksgiving plans are at this point. I guess we’ll know in a few hours.
I covet your prayers. Maybe someday I can say more but for now God knows what we need. Thank you!