Sandi awarded me the rockin girl award– because I play the mountain dulcimer. Who’d have thought that’d make a gal rockin? So now I have to figure out how to get the little logo over here– don’t think that’s gonna happen. And I have to nominate 5 "rockin" bloggers.
1) Bethany Rae i.e. Basketballmom— My oldest 2 love the funny lists she finds and posts on her blog. She also has Todd Wilson’s comics at the top of her blog. Very rockin for us homeschool mom’s.
2) Kendra at Preschoolers and Peace has to be a Rockin girl if she can be married to a guy like Fletch. The July family photos tell it all. This is the nice sweet family photo. But if you go to Fletch’s blog, you’ll see this– she’s gotta be a fun gal to do bunny ears over baby’s head!
3) Marsha’s gotta be one of the Rockin-est gals around! I promise she must know about every HSB blogger out there, because her comments are everywhere. And she knows each of us, and probably knows what is going on with each of us as any given time– without getting us confused either. If you don’t know her, you must check out her blog– she’s such a sweetie. She also came up with the coolest nicknames for her boys Dozer, Tank and Dash.
4) This is my friend Kellie. She is one Rockin girl. She was in Liberia at the same time Shane was to bring home Sweet Cheeks. She not only brought home Melvin (Judah) but she stayed an extra several days and brought home another little boy that by all human rights should have been dead. Zubah is a sweetie pie. She also takes a yearly cross country trip with her children. (Her husband Rick drives with her, then flies home to work, then flies back to help her drive home). In the meantime she drives from WI, to GA and will drive to a town not too far from here this year before Rick joins her. She is an amazing woman. She is gone from home for about a month each year. (actually, I don’t know how long she’s been doing this, but I know this year and last) And this year she’s got precious Zubah on a trach and portable breathing machine in addition to her other 7 beautiful children.
5) And finally, I have to mention someone Sandi did too. She is the first person I thought of, then I scrolled down and saw that Sandi mentioned her too. I have met Melanie and her beautiful family IRL. She is a precious, sweet, sweet person. We had a lovely time with them in St. Louis before they made their trek back to Virginia. She is rockin because she has overcome many obstacles and keeps on keepin on. She came to America from the Philipines after she married her darling husband, to an unknown land, away from family and friends. That makes her a rockin gal (and a brave one) in my book.