Yesterday, Shane was telling me about a lawsuit that he thinks is dumber than the lady that sued McDonald’s several years ago. This is one more reason to NOT send my children to government school…
For those of you that don’t want to read it, here’s the summary.
High school student in an electrical trade class tried to jump start his nipples… YES! You read that right, he and two of his super intelligent buddy’s attached an electrical supply the the first super intelligent guy’s nipples and TURNED ON THE POWER! He ended up with brain damage, the teacher resigned, and the teacher and school district are being sued.
While I’m sorry for the boy, I must say that it really doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that plugging oneselve into an electrical current via the nipples (or any other body part) is not a very smart thing to do.
My question, what about personal responsibility and common sense?
The court of public opinion has ruled (see the comments section on the news story page). Case dismissed! Most believe he must have already been brain damaged to be stupid enough to think nothing would happen while plugging himself in to an electrical source. And the others, believe the kid should sue his parents for not teaching him that electricity is dangerous!
Hopefully the judge will see it the same way, but I’m doubtful.